Translate

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins


My mother does her best to keep me eating right and healthy. Sometimes it's not so easy when there are so many places to get some pretty amazing desserts. I use to think that the only place to get good sweets was my grandmother's desserts. Since she is far, that isn't always easy to get them. I needed an alternative so I just started looking for places to go. That was around the time that I started to have a great liking to donuts and other pastries. Most of you know the logo when you see it. You see the commercials on television. In the winter their coffee is always warm and comforting. You may even start your day out with their coffee and donuts, Dunkin Donuts. Although, in the summer the place you may like to go is Baskin Robbins because of their ice cream. If you like both, you're in luck. You can get coffee, donuts and ice cream all at the same place.



 

The Location

Location is always key. I had seen the same building for many years and was surprised some time ago to see that there had been a remodel.The whole place was closed due to the renovations being done. Dunkin Donuts now had a very new modernized look. I did miss the old look because it let in much more light and I had gotten so use to it but this new appearence had the latest technology and
 attracts more customers. No matter what restaurant or food place you go to, cleanliness is always important. Whenever I go, I can always count on a clean environment. I won't eat at a place that is filthy. There are never any signs of insects either. When I arrive at night, I usually see an employee cleaning the tables or moping the floors. When your food is given to you, all the employees always have gloves on and the female employees have their hair up.

The Staff

Sometimes it seems like everyone in town wants to go get either ice cream or a pastry. Even though there are many people there at times, I still think that it's worth it. The place is never a mess. I can't say that I always get the best service because all employees aren't perfect. There have been instances where I have left very disappointed with the service that I received. However, the service has gotten better now and I have no complaints as of now. If I had to rate the staff on a scale of 1-10, I would give them an 8.



The Food
                                                                   

Let's start with the good stuff, the baked goods. At Dunkin Donuts, you can get many kinds of pastries, not just donuts. Maybe instead of a donut, you can get a muffin or a danish. Whenever I go, I like to get myself a marble donut.I have tried other flavors like the Old Fashioned donut, but wasn't too satisfied with it. When I tasted that particular one, it seemed to me like it needed something more. It was too bland, even though it was kind of a plain donut, like it needed some more sugar or something. Maybe I just like things sweeter, but donuts need to be sweeter. The good thing is that there is a large variety to choose from.

Beverages

It's also a good idea to have something to wash your food down with. Coffee has always been a much loved drink of mine. For me, the iced coffee is the best, no matter what time of year it is. The regular hot coffee tends to be stronger than the iced coffee. Coffee, for me, tastes much better when its creamier. However, I did have to pick a favorite; it would definitely be the hot chocolate. It sweet, but not too sweet so it hurts your teeth, and its the only one that won't burn my tongue.

Ice Cream

In addition to just baked goods and coffee, there is also ice cream available thanks to baskin robbins. With so many flavors to choose from, its hard to make a choice sometimes. With so many flavors, it takes people sometimes quite a bit of time to pick a flavor. The best flavors tend to be those with vanilla ice cream in them. For example, the cookies and cream tends to be a favorite and the chocolate chip ice cream as well. My favorite thing about their ice cream is that its very creamy and rich. Overall, I would rate the give the ice cream a perfect 10.


 
 
 
So now you know, all about the different choices that are available at the Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins. Whether you prefer hot or cold, you can find it all there.






No comments:

Post a Comment